Origin – India
Botanical name – Cucumis Sativa
Method of extraction – cold-pressed from seeds.
- It has a comedogenic rating of 1, which means it’s very unlikely to cause breakouts in acne prone skin. It’s also light in consistency and rich in antioxidants that are needed to fight off acne. Cucumber seed oil also reduces acne inflammation and redness.
- It gives a slight cooling effect when applied to the sun-damaged skin.
- Cucumber seed oil is rich in phytosterols. These plant compounds nourish and stimulate skin cells to encourage healthy skin cell regeneration. They also strengthen the skin’s lipid barrier and improve skin elasticity.
- Being light, easily absorbable, hydrating and rich in nourishing nutrients, cucumber seed oil is also good for restoring moisture in dry brittle nails. Rub a drop or two on your nails and cuticles to keep them moisturized and shiny!
- Cucumber seed oil contains a significant amount of silica, which encourages new hair growth and prevents hair loss by strengthening existing hair strands.It helps build the elasticity of curly hair, preventing easy breakage due to heat tools, sun damage, chemicals, chlorine water.